The Brain Aging & Cognitive Health Exercise Lab offers a variety of fitness evaluations, objective physical activity monitoring services, and professional exercise intervention execution. The labs focus is on how exercise and physical activity mediate changes in brain health. The exercise lab is 375 square feet in size and does house inverventions for the EPICC study, in addition to other off campus locations.
Trackmaster 425C Treadmill
Precor Model 885 Treadmills
Precor Model 885 Recumbent Bike
Lode Corval Upright Bike
Suntech Tango 2 Blood Pressure Monitoring System
VO2 Testing Equipment
Parvo Medics TrueOne 2400 Metabolic Measuring System
Nasiff Cardiosuite Stress EKG System
Heart Rate and Activity Monitoring
Body Media SenseWear Activity Monitoring Devices
Actigraph Link Physical Activity Monitors
Polar Team Heart Rate Monitoring System With Bluetooth H7 Sensors
Polar H1 Heart Rate Sensors
How should I prepare for the VO2 Test?
- Do not have a heavy meal, caffeine or smoke 3 hours prior to the test.
- Do not engage in vigorous exercise 24 hours prior to the test.
- Please wear loose fitting exercise clothing and athletic shoes.
- Drink plenty of fluids upon arriving for the test. Water will be available before and after.
How long does this visit usually take?
- The visit will take about 60 minutes with actual exercise time being 15-20 minutes, including the warm up and cool down.